In this article, I will show you How to factory reset iPad Mini 5 easy ways. If you are unable to remember your iPad mini password, then this is the article for you.
- Factory reset iPad Mini using iTunes
- Factory Reset iPad Mini without Computer or Password
- Factory reset iPad mini 6 on iCloud
- Factory reset iPad mini 6 using Apple ID
- Reset an iPad mini Using Find My App
Factory reset iPad mini using iTunes
The easiest way you can reset your iPad Mini is by using iTunes.
If you are a regular iPad Mini user, your iPad is most likely synchronized with iTunes. Whether it is synchronized to iTunes or not, you will be able to reset it without needing a password.
Reset iPad mini with iTunes synchronized
If you have it synchronized, Open iTunes on a trusted computer with the iPad Mini connected with a USB cable.
Your iTunes on the laptop or computer will recognize the iPad Mini and prompt you to Restore it. Choose Summary>Restore iPad. Your iPad Mini will be reset to factory settings.
Reset iPad mini with iTunes not synchronized
If you have not synchronized your iPad Mini with iTunes, the process is slightly different.
Click and hold the button on top of your iPad Mini until – Connect to iTunes comes up on your screen. You will have successfully opened your iPad in recovery mode.
Connect your iPad Mini with a laptop or computer with iTunes open. Choose restore on the screen and your iPad Mini will be reset.
Factory Reset iPad Mini without Computer or Password
Resetting your iPad with iTunes requires you to have a dedicated computer or laptop. If you however do not have a password or computer, you can reset using either of the below methods.
- Factory reset iPad Mini 6 using Apple ID
- Factory reset iPad Mini 6 on iCloud
- Reset an iPad Mini Using Find My App
Reset an iPad Mini via Apple ID
To use this method, you will need to have updated your iPad Mini to iOS 15 or later before encountering issues. Enter a random wrong password and repeat until you see an option to Erase iPad appear.
Choose Erase iPad Mini and confirm you want to reset it. Input new Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple Account on iPad mini.
Choose Erase iPad and clear all data. Go ahead and set up the iPad Mini afresh.
Reset an iPad mini via iCloud
To use this method, you will need to have an iPhone. Use your Apple ID and password and log in to iCloud. Choose iPhone then select all devices. Select Erase iPad. Your iPad mini will be reset.
Reset an iPad mini Using Find My App
Find My App lets you reset your iPad remotely using your iPhone or other Apple device. Turn on Find my iPad on your iPhone and click on devices at the bottom.
Select your device and choose iPad Mini and select erase this device. Choose erase and then select continue.
Factory Resetting iPad Mini without Password
If you can not get your Apple Password, there are some third party tools that you can use to reset your iPad Mini or any other Apple devices without a password.
Joyoshare iPasscode Unlocker is one such application. You will however need to connect your iPad Mini to a computer, then run the software.
How to Force Restart iPad Mini 6
Go to the Sleep button at the top edge of your iPad Mini 6. Simultaneously press and hold the Sleep button and the Volume Up button. Let go of both buttons as soon as you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
These steps force restart your iPad Mini 6 and are effective in addressing minor software issues.
How to Reset All Settings on iPad Mini 6
- Navigate to Settings on your iPad Mini 6.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Choose Reset All Settings.
- Confirm the action by entering your device passcode if prompted.
- This resets all settings to their factory defaults without deleting your data.
Hard Reset iPad Mini 6 (Erase All Content and Settings)
- Open Settings on your iPad Mini 6.
- Go to General.
- Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Confirm your choice by entering your device passcode if required.
- This action erases all your data and resets the device to its factory defaults.